Xylexpo 2020 is announcing the fourth edition of XIA-XYLEXPO INNOVATION AWARDS.
01) The award is dedicated to Innovation, i.e. to all initiatives deployed by Xylexpo 2020 exhibitors to improve the technology for woodworking and furniture supplies in every aspect and application. To better represent the entire spectrum of solutions exhibited at Xylexpo 2020, the award will include three categories: “Solid Wood Processing and Panel Processing (including Tools), “Coating/Finishing” (systems and materials), “IoT and management of industrial processes”.
02) Candidates shall fill out a registration form and provide the award secretariat with all kinds of supporting documentation (photos, pictures, texts, links to videos, animations, renderings), with a concise presentation of the added values of their nomination, as well as a company profile, indicating the category they want to run in. Products or technologies running for the award are required to be on display at Xylexpo 2020 in order to allow the jury to fully evaluate their innovative contents; otherwise, they will be excluded from the scope of any evaluation.
03) In order to avoid unpleasant inconveniences, documentation supporting the application shall be published in an area of the following website, www.xylexpo.com, to ensure full transparency and to allow anyone to report about the existence of similar devices, products or supplies and hence evaluate the validity of the application.
05) The final deadline to submit nominations and send documentation is March 30, 2020. Should an adequate number of nominations not be submitted by such deadline, the award organization reserves the right to cancel one or multiple categories.
06) Jury selection: the organizers will appoint representatives of research institutes, universities and training centers as jury members, people with an established reputation and impartial approach. Such selection shall guarantee that all three award categories are covered by qualified engineers in the respective domain.
07) By April 30, 2020, the jury will select 10 candidates for each category among all nominations which will be running in the next phase of the award process. The selected innovations will be featured in the media campaign and in Xylexpo visitor communications. The selected companies will be informed to appoint a contact person for the jury, to provide additional information and details. During Xylexpo, the selected companies will receive a badge to inform all visitors that they are standing before a finalist of the XIA 2020.
08) The jury shall meet at Xylexpo on May 25 and 26 (Monday and Tuesday) 2020, to examine all the selected innovations on display and ask for more details if required. The jury may ask to have additional information from the technical staff of the candidate company (all companies will be notified so that they are available when the jury visit their stand).
09) Voting procedure: each jury member shall assign a score (3, 2 and 1) to the three worthiest candidates in each award category; the sum of scores results into a final ranking and indicates the top-three positions in each category.
10) The awarding ceremony will be hosted during Xylexpo 2020, namely on the occasion of the exhibitors’ and media event scheduled on Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at Xylexpo Arena.
For any information about nomination procedures, technical questions or details about the jury's evaluation process, please contact:
Acimall Technical Office
phone +39 02 89210239
For logistic and general information about the award:
Xylexpo Press Office
phone +39 02 89210200
Xylexpo Press Office
phone +39 02 89210282